Thursday, June 23, 2005

NOTE : Grocery Stores

Within a few minutes of my home, I've got Kroger, Marsh and a Super Wal-mart. I don't think it's that super, but that's another story. What kind of produce could a guy in central Indiana find at his local grocery? Mangos! WTF, I thought. That stands for What's This Fruit? I love mangos, so I know what they are, but what are they doing in central Indiana? I like to keep these NOTES sections short, so I'll end with this. Take a stroll through your local produce sections and you might find some hidden treasures behind the onions and celery.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

That is how I found your blog, was clicking on the town part.
Have you ever shopped at Trader Joe's? They are on the NW and NE side of Indy, but very cool ingredients. I wish we had a Whole Foods here.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

We gots us some whole kernel corn, ain't that whole foods? LOL. I haven't tried TJ due to distance and a reminder from my wife that while it's great that i'm cooking, we do have a budget to maintain - and I don't blame her. But if I can get mangos from Kroger, I might be re-reading a bit-o-bobby-flay this weekend.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, TJs can be dirt cheap for some things compared to the supermarkets, but those are very specific items. If you just go generally shopping there you'll end up spending a bunch.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home