Tuesday, June 28, 2005

NOTE: What's in your fridge

Driving home last night, my wife called me and asked what I wanted for dinner. As she and the kids were out all day in the 90 degree weather, I recommended something quick and easy like hot dogs and mac/cheese. I spent the next 25 minutes thinking about what we had in the fridge to add some color to the meal. I thought it would be great to walk in the door and "whip up a nice little side dish." Pulling into the driveway, I couldn't think of anything. Partially because we are near time for another grocery shopping and partially because I'm new at all this. The best idea I had was something salty - but what? My wife knew - she always does. She had prepared an easy tomato and cucumber salad with a nice Italian dressing. Perfect. As a final note, I thought about adding something to the mac and cheese but came up empty....except for chipotle powder which I added to my serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home